Thursday, July 16, 2009

Robin's Reflections

As I look at this week in retrospect, I am most of all honored by the new people I have met. The network we have created in four short days will indubitably be important liaisons for the journey through the MDH program. The fellowship shared brought to light consoling similarities and eye-opening differences as to how each has developed the career we all share in common.

It was of particular value to meet and greet the educators that will be working with the program on line, being different from other online classes I will have a visual picture and personal experiences that will help in the progress of this course.

The agenda for the week was for the most part well planned and in most instances provided with valuable information that will make our online experience more effective. However, there were some aspects of the orientation days that I felt were not as relevant, such as the honor code and research segments. The days were tiring of information and it is believed that the agenda could be designed to expedite the orientation. Fortunately for me I did not leave small children, a husband, did not have to pay for a week's hotel and food, or have to take a week of my personal vacation time to spend in Memphis, but had this been my case I may not have been able to make this week. I understand the importance in procedure and also as it pertains to University policy, it is just the opinion here that maybe as a result of feedback that some of these be considered. Perhaps this is not the general consensus of the group but it could be that some of these issues had crossed the mind of some.

To end on a positive note, as this blog began, the camaraderie was the highlight of the week and some wonderful ideas shared, and they will definitely be incorporated into the teachings of this educator. Thank you all for your words and wisdom and in the words of Zig Ziglar...."I'll see you at the top!" (Or as I have translated his to my own quote to my students: "Go! Fight! Win!")

No comments:

Post a Comment