Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reflections.....


What an awesome week!! I have truly met some of the most wonderful women this week. I am honored to be part of such a great group. When I started on my journey here last Sunday I had my ideas of what the week would be like, but had no idea that I would start friendships that I’m sure will last a lifetime! You ladies are great and I cannot wait for us to share this journey together.

I have truly learned that I love teaching even more and am so excited about what is to come. I am confident that I will take back many ideas to my students already and know that this program will enhance me to be a better instructor. I am sure that I will be challenged but now feel comfortable that I will have the support I need to be successful. I also know that I have a new appreciation for my students and have learned that I need to continue to set boundaries and goals, continue to be flexible, and become a more balanced individual. I think as women and health care providers we tend to be givers and sometimes don’t know when to say no….I definitely have to work on this trait!

I also wanted to say Thank You to the returning students who have been so welcoming and full of insight and inspiration to us. I have learned so many things from you and enjoyed all of the hard work and dedication that you put into the presentations this week, they were excellent and gave us big shoes to fill!

I am grateful that we had the time to meet most of our professors and spend some face to face time with them. I love that fact that the program is online but building these relationships from the beginning face to face is priceless! I am looking forward to this week again next year already for two reasons. Number one: we get to spend another wonderful week together! Number two: we will have completed the first parts of our journey together and be that much closer to having our MDH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment