Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reflective Essay

My first official week of graduate school has come and gone rather quickly along with a whirlwind of emotions. This week has been very intimidating, overwhelming, exciting, educational, and insightful. I feel honored to be enrolled in a program with so many other amazing individuals; many of whom I have looked towards this week for guidance. I came into this week with a slight lack of confidence, but will be leaving tomorrow with much reassurance. I must thank my classmates and instructors for this encouragement. Although I lack experience as a dental hygiene educator; I know that my passion and desire to obtain a position as an educator will guide me through this program. I am aware that I will have to work much harder, but I am a determined individual and I am ready for this journey.

While I am ready to return home to Charlotte, North Carolina; I am eager to begin my courses and start absorbing a wealth of knowledge through individual and group work. I am very confident in the members of my group and I am looking forward to working with each of them. Although I lack the experience that my other group members possess; I hope that they rest assure that I have the ability to contribute towards the group work.

It is truly unbelievable the amount of learning that has occurred in just four days and I am looking forward to all that may be ahead. This has been an amazing week!

Jessica Huffman

1 comment:

  1. Like I told Brandi, there are things that you will bring to the group that others can not. You will look at things differently than others and that is so amazing. I can not wait to hear how you feel in about a month, or two or six months. I'm sure you'll be much more confient.

    ReplyDelete