Thursday, July 16, 2009

MDH--round 2!!


Soooo-- I'm STILL in the program!!!
  Just read my post from last year, and was pleasantly  surprised to know that there have been changes in my continuing education "thought process."  It doesn't seem so scary anymore... and I can't believe how much I've learned in a year--for instance:
I can still learn AND retain info...(that was a little bit of a concern)... I can put together a power point presentation, send a file lots of ways (correctly and incorrectly--right laura and elizabeth?!?), do an excel spread sheet, take almost a whole midterm practice exam --only to accidentally click out of it before finishing, converse on BB, find my hygiene friends on Facebook, commiserate and laugh with these new friends, knowing we are all sharing and experiencing the same goal together..and most importantly, celebrate success. (if I can do all that, how come I can't find my car in the Madison Ave. parking garage?)
What a journey...!   
It is one thing to "learn"  about the transformative learning process, but so rewarding to experience it and recognize it!
Oh--and BTW--to the second year MDH class.. since we don't have to come back next year as MDH participants, we could do a memphis "Non-MDH" party week--any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment