Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oh, the places you'll go!

As I reflected upon Dr. King's conference and MDH week, I am reminded of the Dr. Seuss book "Oh the places you'll go." This popular but enlightening children's novel addresses the ups and downs of life itself while encouraging the reader to find success no matter where life's journey takes them. Throughout this learning journey, I have discovered that I am continually a student while striving to be an amazing educator. I have learned that you need a support system to exchange ideas in order to be a successful instructor. Through this MDH journey, I have made new discoveries of teaching and have faced great challenges in the courses; but through these challenges I have become a stronger and more innovative teacher. So, I wanted to encourage the returning MDH students to find the inner strength to make it to the end of the Masters Program with flying colors. We have all learned this week that there are great places to go and great things to do in the field of Dental Hygiene! I would also like to encourage the incoming MDH students to strive for excellence, work together as team players, and most of all learn from each other so you can in turn share it with your students! So as the Dr. Seuss book says, "Today is your day. You're off to Great Places! Your mountain is waiting. You're off and away!"

No comments:

Post a Comment