Thursday, July 16, 2009

Joanna's ramblings

This week has been very eye opening for me, as I come to realize that I am really taking this next step in my education and am starting this journey that seemed so far off a few months ago. It has been amazing to be with such a great group of hygienists and to safely exchange ideas and learn from each other. I know that this is just the beginning and I am confident that I absolutely made the right decision in chosing this program. I have found it interesting to try to get myself to transition into the role of student again. I am used to being the teacher, so I am having a hard time taking off my teacher hat. In this short week I have learned so much that I can take back and use immediatedly in my program.
Already a fan of online learning, I am looking forward to the discussions and working with my group in Dr. Ballard's class. I am so glad that we had this face to face contact, as I think this will enhance our cooperative learning experience. The varied experiences will also add to our learning, as we will have different, valuable outlooks. I hope that at MDH week next year I will be able to look back at the year and see how much I have learned and grown as a dental hygiene educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment