Thursday, July 16, 2009

Catherine Dunn

Whew what a week! I am so proud to know I have survived the first week of "Survivor" and have not been kicked off the island. I feel as if I have met a group of RDH education driven survivors that have been dropped off on some island and have been told to "figure it out."

I cannot express how humbled and excited I am to be a part of something so innovative, fast moving, and challenging. Being a part of a graduate program is a goal I never even considered trying. I am so thankful for being given the opportunity.

The most valuable thing I will take away from this weeks session is the statement Dr. Ballard repeated on many occassions, "everyone makes a contribution." I will live, teach, and recite that for the rest of my life. Those words are comfort words that I will use with future students, friends, and children. Thank you Dr. Ballard!

As I reflect on the weeks activities, my head is filled with ideas, confusion, and excitement. I can see this journey will be like no other. My plans are to go home and first get organized. I look forward to "contributing" ideas, and putting together projects. As educators I think we teach what we learn. I have learned we have alot more to learn to teach this generation of Millenia's.

Being a part of higher education will mentor to my students and other faculty that you should never stop learning! It is a priveledge to be a hygienist and we owe it to our profession to continue professional growth and development.

Dr. King, Dr. Williams, Dr. Ballard, and classmates, I am so excited to be a part of such a great group of individuals. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of MDH. I look forward to working with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment